There once were 4 sisters who gathered together for a special Mother's Day brunch . . .
Sunflowers were their mother's favorite flower.
| soften the faux grass edge with reindeer moss and the tray with a extra long burlap scarf (actually just a fabric remant I fringed and use randomly throughout the year ;) |
![]() |
| The 'Magic' Sunflower standing in the faux grass was super easy -- after I learned this fun trick from Jonathan Fong of Style with a Smile TV. All it takes is a metal surface (in this case, a gorgeous Covington Tray) and a magnet hot glued to the base of the flower stem (for fresh flowers you'll need to glue the magnet to a flat head nail and insert the nail into the flower stem). I've used Gerbera Daisies with great success, but since this sunflower was top heavy I used a larger magnet and even placed a few rocks around the base of the stem in case a breeze came through (I didn't want it to fall into my sister's fruit salad . . . or did I ;). Anyhoo -- the bigger the flower head, the bigger the magnet base I always say. |
And included a little gift at each place setting.
A pretty little fabric bag filled with jewelry.
Some of the sisters are bossy, so their stemware charms make them feel in charge.
Many trips to the 'beverage station' were taken . . .
. . . where they were greeted by . . .
. . . another proud sunflower (this one in a vase) and an old soda crate filled with succulents,
| mimosas are a brunch staple |
And of course . . .
MoM! The lady who made their lives possible.
The sisters exchanged funny cards (tucked behind mom's frame) . . . kudoos to the one who brought the most hilarious and original card to the party!
The sisters will likely stay on 'the balcony' most of the day. Brunching with a PiG and . . .
. . . thinking of the lady who loved sunflowers that brought them all together.
• PiG -- a gift from a sister (of course) made in Mexico, she picked up at a locally owned West Texas import shop.
• Tuscan (turquoise) Pitcher, and Tuscan Tidbit & Saucer, retired Southern Living at Home products
• Gramercy Beverage Server, Willow House
• Emerson Wine Glasses, Willow House
• Frame of my gorgeous mom, a gift from my (oldest & wisest) sister
• Sunflowers, Large Stemmed from Hobby Lobby; Small Paper (sprinkled on table) Pottery Barn
• Juniper (green) Vase (with iron frame), retired Southern Living at Home product
• Soda Crate filled with Succlents, garage sale find repurposed over here
• White Tablecloth, efavormart
• Burlap Table Runners, made from fabric yardage bought at Hobby Lobby
• Covington Serving Tray, Willow House
• Faux Grass & Reindeer Moss, Hobby Lobby
• Black Rocks, Pottery Barn
• Cabbage Leaf Placemats, Grandin Road (only seemed to be carried at Easter, every year)
• Emerson Iced Beverage Glasses, Willow House
• Gallery Flatware, retired Southern Living at Home product
• Villa Stoneware Dinnerplate, retired Willow House product (ask me :)
• Tuscan Accent Plate, retired Southern Living at Home product (ask me :)
• Drake Firefly Lantern, Willow House
• Sara Blaine Jewelry Bag & Willow House Jewelry by Sara Blaine, available here
• Sunflower Garden Seat, Pier 1 Imports (many moons ago)
• Pillows on Bench, Embroidered Scroll from Willow House
Thanks so much for stopping in :) this post is being linked up with ►
• Between Naps on the Porch, Tablescapes Thursday
• 504 Main Tickled Pink Friday
• Chic on a Shoestring Flaunt it Friday
• Serenity Now: Weekend Bloggy Reading
• Stuff and Nonsense: Friday's Unfolded
• At the Picket Fench: Inspiration Friday
• The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday
• French Country Cottage, Feathered Nest Friday
• Thrifty Decorating, Thrifty Thursday's
• Saved by Love, Thrifty Thursday
• The Shabby Creek Cottage's Transformation Thursday
• Brandy Craft's Get Your Brag On
• Embracing Change Creative Inspirations Party
• DiY by Design Swing into Spring Party
• Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
• Salt Tree Open Call Tuesdays
• Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Tuesdays Treasures
• Addicted 2 Decorating's Addicts (not so) Anonymous Party
• Seasonal Sundays with The Tablescaper
• Six Sisters Strut Your Stuff Saturday
• Petite Hermine Sunday Linky Party
• Organised Housewife Linky Party
• My 1929 Charmer Sunday's Best
• Under the Table & Dreaming's Sunday Showcase
• Funky Junk Saturday Night Special Patios
• Simply Klassic Home - Simply Klassic Sunday
• Tator Tots & Jello Weekend Wrap Up Party





This is a very nice tablescape! Sunflowers are my favorite. Neat idea with the cactus in the Coke box :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
Thanks JoAnn! Sunflowers are such a happy flower to me, and I really enjoyed putting this tablescape together. The succulents have been growing nicely -- I think even I can keep them alive ;)
DeleteI greatly appreciate you stopping in and for the follow! Have a fabulous weekend!
What an exquisite post. I'd love to have you join Seasonal Sundays.
ReplyDelete- The Tablescaper
I absolutely will stop in on Sunday! Thanks Tablescaper -- much appreciated :)
DeleteFun table! Love the sunflowers, cabbage placemats, and gifts for all. What a joy to spend time with sisters. Your table reminds me of how much I love my sister Sue. So, I'll give her a call. See how you have inspired someone! Thanks for posting. ~CJ
ReplyDeleteThanks CJ! So happy you stopped by :) for a bit of inspiration ♥
DeleteLove the story- makes me miss my sisters! Hope you all had a wonderful time at your beautiful table!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ann for stopping in and the compliment :) The relationship between sisters is such a special one. I have been blessed! Blessings to you!♥
DeleteOh, so incredibly sweet!!! Hi! I'm visiting your blog for the first time from BNOTP tonight. What a sweet and uplifting post! Sisters will be sisters, so this was especially entertaining. What a really neat tribute to your Mom and to each other as you celebrate together. I love the way you used the reindeer moss to soften the edges of the faux grass. Very clever maneuver! The single sunflower is WAY cool, too!!!!!!!!! Very pretty table, and I wish you and your sisters (even the bossy one!) a very Happy Mothers Day!
ReplyDeleteAlycia -- you are a sweetheart for stopping in and making me feel all special with your comment, thank you! I am glad you ran across my link on BNOTP's Tablescape Thursday. Hope to hear from you again soon, take care ♥
DeleteWhat a great post, and so very sweet of you! I so enjoyed reading the story and miss my sisters too. I know you all had to have a great time. Loving all the sunflowers, great look. Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay! PS - following you on Linky!
ReplyDeleteCathy, I SOooo appreciate the follow and your blog! Thank you for hosting a great party, it is so fun to find new blogs and be filled with inspiration. Thanks for stopping in -- all my best!
DeleteYour table looks lovely, just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping in -- And for the follow ♥
Deletemuch appreciated and I hope you are having a wonderful week!
Take care,
Susie
Beautiful table and even more beautiful story! Lucky you could all come together.
ReplyDelete~ ~Ahrisha~~
Thanks Ahrisha! much appreciated
Delete♥ Susie
Your table setting looks lovely! So cute!! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back with more great recipes! -The Sisters
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Love your blog and I greatly appreciate you hosting the Saturday Party!
DeleteTake care --
Susie
Photos and arrangements are beautiful!
ReplyDelete