There once were 4 sisters who gathered together for a special Mother's Day brunch . . .
Sunflowers were their mother's favorite flower.
|soften the faux grass edge with reindeer moss and the tray with a extra long burlap scarf (actually just a fabric remant I fringed and use randomly throughout the year ;)|
|The 'Magic' Sunflower standing in the faux grass was super easy -- after I learned this fun trick from Jonathan Fong of Style with a Smile TV. All it takes is a metal surface (in this case, a gorgeous Covington Tray) and a magnet hot glued to the base of the flower stem (for fresh flowers you'll need to glue the magnet to a flat head nail and insert the nail into the flower stem). I've used Gerbera Daisies with great success, but since this sunflower was top heavy I used a larger magnet and even placed a few rocks around the base of the stem in case a breeze came through (I didn't want it to fall into my sister's fruit salad . . . or did I ;). Anyhoo -- the bigger the flower head, the bigger the magnet base I always say.|
And included a little gift at each place setting.
A pretty little fabric bag filled with jewelry.
Some of the sisters are bossy, so their stemware charms make them feel in charge.
Many trips to the 'beverage station' were taken . . .
soda crate filled with succulents,
|mimosas are a brunch staple|
And of course . . .
MoM! The lady who made their lives possible.
The sisters exchanged funny cards (tucked behind mom's frame) . . . kudoos to the one who brought the most hilarious and original card to the party!
• PiG -- a gift from a sister (of course) made in Mexico, she picked up at a locally owned West Texas import shop.
• Tuscan (turquoise) Pitcher, and Tuscan Tidbit & Saucer, retired Southern Living at Home products
• Gramercy Beverage Server, Willow House
• Emerson Wine Glasses, Willow House
• Frame of my gorgeous mom, a gift from my (oldest & wisest) sister
• Sunflowers, Large Stemmed from Hobby Lobby; Small Paper (sprinkled on table) Pottery Barn
• Juniper (green) Vase (with iron frame), retired Southern Living at Home product
• Soda Crate filled with Succlents, garage sale find repurposed over here
• White Tablecloth, efavormart
• Burlap Table Runners, made from fabric yardage bought at Hobby Lobby
• Covington Serving Tray, Willow House
• Faux Grass & Reindeer Moss, Hobby Lobby
• Black Rocks, Pottery Barn
• Cabbage Leaf Placemats, Grandin Road (only seemed to be carried at Easter, every year)
• Emerson Iced Beverage Glasses, Willow House
• Gallery Flatware, retired Southern Living at Home product
• Villa Stoneware Dinnerplate, retired Willow House product (ask me :)
• Tuscan Accent Plate, retired Southern Living at Home product (ask me :)
• Drake Firefly Lantern, Willow House
• Sara Blaine Jewelry Bag & Willow House Jewelry by Sara Blaine, available here
• Sunflower Garden Seat, Pier 1 Imports (many moons ago)
• Pillows on Bench, Embroidered Scroll from Willow House
Thanks so much for stopping in :) this post is being linked up with ►
• Between Naps on the Porch, Tablescapes Thursday
• 504 Main Tickled Pink Friday
• Chic on a Shoestring Flaunt it Friday
• Serenity Now: Weekend Bloggy Reading
• Stuff and Nonsense: Friday's Unfolded
• At the Picket Fench: Inspiration Friday
• The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday
• French Country Cottage, Feathered Nest Friday
• Thrifty Decorating, Thrifty Thursday's
• Saved by Love, Thrifty Thursday
• The Shabby Creek Cottage's Transformation Thursday
• Brandy Craft's Get Your Brag On
• Embracing Change Creative Inspirations Party
• DiY by Design Swing into Spring Party
• Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
• Salt Tree Open Call Tuesdays
• Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Tuesdays Treasures
• Addicted 2 Decorating's Addicts (not so) Anonymous Party
• Seasonal Sundays with The Tablescaper
• Six Sisters Strut Your Stuff Saturday
• Petite Hermine Sunday Linky Party
• Organised Housewife Linky Party
• My 1929 Charmer Sunday's Best
• Under the Table & Dreaming's Sunday Showcase
• Funky Junk Saturday Night Special Patios
• Simply Klassic Home - Simply Klassic Sunday
• Tator Tots & Jello Weekend Wrap Up Party