Wednesday, September 26, 2012

PoP of CoLoR for the Porch with a Ladder Style Makeover

Sometimes the best ideas are simple.  
And this year my fall decorating belongs in the simple category . . .
bringing together all the beauty of fall in an uncomplicated manner.
I adore the warm colors of fall -- but when it comes to my back porch 
(which is already a rustic brown), I need to liven things up with a PoP of CoLoR!
And that PoP came from an unexpected purchase . . . 
. . . a dusty Bamboo Style Ladder Shelf that wasn't feeling 'the love'.  
The previous owner wanted to lose it because her toddler son 
couldn't resist using it to practice his climbing skills (owner's picture -- see her cute climber?)
 Can you blame him?
So I picked it up, cleaned it up and gave it the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint treatment . . . 
in a gorgeous Florence with a dark wax finish.
This ladder shelf was exactly what my porch was looking for . . . 
after all, who doesn't need a display piece on their porch?

And I am in love with the color!  Running my hands along the finish . . . I seem to hear a sigh of gratitude.
The details are now apparent and the shelves are no longer being climbed . . . 
well, perhaps a hungry pest may climb them . . .
. . . in search of that tasty Indian Corn.
But as I see this gorgeous PoP of Color from my screen door as I type this . . . 
I know we will be enjoying this piece for a while, and that 
I will not be leaving the corn out for any pests that happen to pass by :)

P.S.  Do you own a furniture piece that isn't working for you?  
Give it new life or sell it to someone who will -- psst . . . I'm in the Dallas / Fort Worth area :)

Thanks so much for stopping in!  Hope you are having a Fabulous Day!
Linking Up With :::
My entry into 2805's Potpourri Friday Party is sponsored by Appliances Online.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your amazing talents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great makeover, the ladder looks so nice this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a charmer!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adore that
    little ladder
    with its new
    coat of paint

    your porch looks lovely

    just stopping by from
    At The Picket Fence
    to say hello

    now following via
    GFC and FB!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOur porch is adorable!! Love the new pop of color!!
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ladder and vignette are fabulous! I would be delighted for you to link to Potpourri Friday, in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Love the color of the lil shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colour came out so perfect. Love it! This is such an awesome post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us. :-)

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your pop of color. Come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and you'll see just how much I love it. Just about every other project I've done in this color........or very similar. Hey, Im now following you, since I've really enjoyed looking at your blog.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a CUTE ladder! Love your color choice! Thanks for sharing over at My Monday Muse!
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so great now! Love your color choice! Blessings ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy that is a very pretty blue, and love the pop of color it provides. The ladder with all your gorgeous pumpkins and gourds and that adorable mouse make a very nice vignette. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love it if you would join me in linking up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10-rural.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for sharing with me.
♥ Susie